97% of shareholders elect CPOs under CEMEX's dividend election program
June 4, 2001
CEMEX, S.A. de C.V. (NYSE: CX), today announced the completion of its dividend election program. A percentage of 96.95% of the shareholders elected the CPOs, for total of 70,329,897 CPOs issued on June 4, 2001. The remaining 3.05% of shareholders elected to receive the Ps. 1.80 per share cash dividend, for a total of approximately Ps. 84 million (US$9 million) paid by CEMEX.
Under this dividend program, CEMEX shareholders elected to receive a cash dividend of Ps. 1.80 per CPO or its equivalent in CPOs (representing 2 series A shares and 1 series B share) valued at a price of Ps. 38.16 per CPO, a 20% discount to the average trading price on June 1, 2001, in the Mexican Bolsa.
CEMEX is one of the three largest cement companies in the world, with approximately 78 million metric tons of production capacity. It is also the world's largest trader of cement and it is the leading producer of white cement. CEMEX is engaged in the production, distribution, marketing, and sale of cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and clinker through operating subsidiaries on four continents. For more information, visit www.cemex.com.
Daniel Pérez Whitaker
(528) 152 2747
(528) 328 3631
José Antonio González