About Us - Press Release - 92.8% of shareholders receive CPOs under CEMEX's stock dividend program
June 5, 2002
CEMEX, S.A. de C.V. (NYSE: CX) announced today the completion of its stock dividend program. A total of 64,408,962 CPOs were issued on June 5, 2002 and distributed to 92.8% of shareholders. The remaining 7.2% of shareholders elected to receive a cash payment of MXP 2.00 per CPO (MXP 10.00 per ADS) in lieu of the stock dividend, for a total of approximately MXP 232 million (US$23.8 million) to be paid by CEMEX.
Under this stock dividend program, CEMEX shareholders received one new CPO for each 23.168 CPOs held (each representing two series A shares and one series B share). CEMEX shareholders had the option to receive a cash payment of MXP 2.00 per CPO in lieu of the stock dividend.
CEMEX is a leading global producer and marketer of cement and ready-mix products, with operations concentrated in the world's most dynamic cement markets across four continents. CEMEX combines a deep knowledge of the local markets with its global network and information technology systems to provide world-class products and services to its customers, from individual homebuilders to large industrial contractors. For more information, visit www.cemex.com.