Due to significant investment in our UK business, we are currently looking for a CDM Manager to join
the UK Engineering Team in delivering CDM Projects. Achieving the best possible health and safety standards across the business by ensuring compliance with UK legislation, European Directives, CEMEX Global requirements and industry good practice.
The role will involve:
- Coordinating and support the activities of the Engineering Team in relation to CDM Projects.
- Helping the Engineering Team to manage the risks by applying the general principles of prevention and appointing the right people and organisations at the right time.
- Providing pre-construction information and monitoring project specific documentation within the health & safety management file.
- Coordinating and reviewing arrangements for CDM projects through construction site safety inspections and independent audits.
- Providing communication materials, relevant information, instruction, training and supervision that the team require to carry out their jobs in a way that secures health and safety.
- Develop and Improve the existing CDM and H&S Management Systems, including the ability to consolidate multiple disciplines into a single system.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and British Standards.
- NEBOSH Certification or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a health and safety management role in a multi-site organisation.
- Previous Engineering or Operations experience.
- The ability to collaborate at all levels within our business.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a successful company with a number of exciting engineering projects in the pipeline. We offer a competitive remuneration package with fantastic opportunities for development and career progression. The job is a national role, and therefore is flexible in terms of where the applicant lives.