What it's like being a Level 3 Laboratory Technician
Working in the organisations Quality & Product Technology department as part of The CEMEX National Technical Centre team you will test and develop the performance of construction materials such as Aggregates, Asphalt, Concrete, Mortars and Screed.
The goal is to develop our apprentices to a competent Materials Technician capable and willing to join the team at The CEMEX National Technical Centre in a full time, permanent position.
Your work within the team will help CEMEX continue to innovate and develop market leading special products and to optimise our existing product performance.
As part of the team, you will receive training and guidance in order to deliver the following:
• Maintenance of; a safe working environment by complying with established laboratory procedures and active participation in H&S team activities.
• Undertaking routine testing of construction materials to ensure CEMEX customers continue to receive high quality products.
• Support the production of CEMEX special products by offering specialist on site support as part of a highly skilled and dynamic Technical team.
• Participate in R&D activities to ensure CEMEX continue to provide customers with innovative construction solutions.
• Reporting of results to the Laboratory Manager for final report production and issue in a timely manner.
The role does include an element of manual work due to the nature of the materials being worked with.
There will be outdoor working.
Hours per week: 37.5
• Ideally English, Maths and Science GCSE A-C grade or equivalent (however lower grades will be considered, so don’t be put off)
Skills and characteristics:
• Problem solving
• Good level of Maths, Science and IT skills are required
• Flexibility to work out of hours including nights and weekend work as required
• Flexibility to travel
• An excellent team participant