This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires an experienced Quarry/Wharf Manager. Reporting directly to the Aggregates Operations Manager you will have full responsibility covering all Sand & Gravel operations on site.
• Ensure compliance with all company and statutory HSE policies and regulations.
• Ensure that all work undertaken in the quarry is risk assessed and safe-working procedures put in place.
• Ensure a high level of plant availability, as well as effective planning of production levels and maintaining required stock levels against sales forecasts.
• Manage, plan and implement a preventative and unplanned maintenance programme, ensuring efficient operation of the site.
• Promotion of best practice with the team in all aspects of the operation, as well as a committed approach to managing and motivating employees to create a healthy and competent work environment.
• Development of the Wharf’s annual operation plan and ongoing responsibility for the control of costs to budgetary requirements.
• Management of compliance with ISO 9002 (Product quality and conformity).
• Drive for continuous improvement, through a fully engaged workforce.
• Ensure the wharf is operated within the scope of all leases, planning consents and conditions.
• Minimum 5 years' experience working in a Sand and Gravel Aggregate operation. Qualifications in this area is essential (could include: DAPS obtained/a willingness to complete/City & Guilds in Aggregates Operations)
• Experience in the maintenance of fixed and mobile plant.
• Experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures.
• Supervisory / management of personnel.
• Competent user of IT systems with excellent organisation skills
• Change Management Experience of building successful relationships with internal / external stakeholders, particularly with regard to PR and the local community
• Managing Teams / Team building and development of people
Skills / Knowledge
• SHE NVQ Level 4 obtained/working towards this qualification would be acceptable.
• Registered and maintaining IoQ (Institute of Quarrying or other professional body) CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• NEBOSH certification.