Success at the MPA Safety Awards
We were, therefore, very pleased to be announced as winners for two categories, while also receiving a number of ‘highly commended’, finalist and individual recognitions. At the end of this message you can read a full list of the categories we were recognised in.
On behalf of the UK Health & Safety Committee I would like to congratulate all the CEMEX winners and finalists of MPA Awards for their well-deserved achievements. Recognition such as this relies on teamwork, and I thank everyone for your continued commitment to following our Health & Safety protocols and behaviours. We should all be proud to see how many categories CEMEX has featured in, as it is a clear reflection of our company-wide dedication to keeping those around us safe.
Please continue to keep Health & Safety your number one priority at all times and keep sharing your ideas and recommendations for Health & Safety improvements. Thank you for your ongoing support.
MPA Award Recognition
- Eurobitume Award Finalist & Winner: Asphalt – Bitumen system management (watch video here) – photo top right.
- Safer transport and logistics Finalist & F6 Award Winner: Cement supply chain – bulk tanker auto lids (watch video here) – photo bottom right.
- Safer handling of inbound and outbound material – Hot Box Customer Safety (watch video here)
- Safer production: Asphalt – Bitumen system management
- Safer management of pedestrians and transport on site – Drone Safety System (watch video here)
- Safer together: CEMEX Worker Involvement and Engagement – Health & Safety Stand Down (watch video here)
- Highly Commended:
- Safer production – Edge Protection System for Field Hoppers
- Safer handling of inbound and outbound materials – Admixture Control System
- Safer handling of inbound and outbound materials – New Electric Lifting Hoists – Ground to Plant Landing Level
- Safer management of pedestrians and transport on site – Safety improvements to distribution area at Rugby Cement plant
- Safer transport and logistics – New Vessel – Development of bespoke ship simulator and training of crews
- Safer transport and logistics – Improved Driver Communication Tools
- Safer transport and logistics – MP Connect Roll Out
- Certificate of Merit:
- Safer production – Lagoon Weir System
- Safer maintenance and housekeeping – Vehicle Clean Down Facility
- Safer maintenance and housekeeping – Mixer Mould Oil Application
- Safer handling of inbound and outbound materials – New Admixture and Steel Fibre Storage and Loading Point
- Safer transport and logistics – CEMEX UK Supply Chain – Rail Health & Safety Strategy
- Safer transport and logistics – CEMEX UK Supply Chain Performance and Improvement Initiatives
- Safer operations at a contracting, construction or customer site – Partners In Safety Customer Award
- Individual Recognition: (watch video here) – photo bottom left.
- Alan Flippance
- Andrew Barber
- Christian Vale
- Darrell Collins
- Hugh Reynolds
- Kevin Cage
- Matthew Bland
- Nicola Drabble
- Nigel Bateman
- Vasile Marica