Advantages of Beam and Block Flooring Systems
- Strength and stability
- Economical due to the off-site manufacture of beams and blocks.
- Fast installation requires minimal ground preparation and can reduce site delays as the method is not weather dependent.
- It can be used for suspended floors just above the ground where, for example, the site slopes; the ground has poor bearing capacity; a high water table or toxic chemicals are present in the ground.
- Improved thermal mass and performance
- The beams and blocks are inert and unaffected by dampness or rot.
- Increased fire resistance
- Improved acoustic insulation
- Shuttering is not usually required.