UK Legacy Landfill – Sustainability dept.
Position to suit Environmental Science graduate with database experience/interest
MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the EQuIS environmental monitoring database held by Cemex to include trouble shooting issues, maintenance of reference tables and setup of new facilities, monitoring installations and schedules.
- Manage the transition of geotechnical data management and reporting software from gINT to the use of AGS4, allowing inclusion in the EQuIS modules.
- Manage the inclusion of waste information data into the EQuIS database, including the creation of new forms and reports.
- Creation of database wide widgets for closer management of the monitoring data.
- Creation of a suite of Enterprise Dashboards for all facilities with monitoring data.
- Continued development of the database to improve reporting and operational efficiencies.
- Data support - Liaise with the data managers within our team on the day to day running of the system and other parts of the organisation on various specific projects.
- Environmental Compliance - The database holds all Cemex’s environmental services data collected since 2000 which is required for environmental compliance purposes as well as operational decisions, therefore it’s management is vital for continued environmental compliance requirements
- An environmental science degree, and preferably a Masters in Applied Data Science or experience in environmental data management
- A good understanding of site procedures including environmental sampling, sample submission, quality assurance, etc.
- A detailed understanding of SQL and RDBMS concepts would be an advantage
- Analytical approach to data and associated documentation
- Practical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to engage and facilitate behavioural change.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills within the team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good documentation capabilities
LocationBinley Office, Coventry
Closing Date04 December 2023