MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to northern Cemex UK regional operational teams in all aspects of environmental management.
- Carry out environmental audits in accordance with the Cemex environmental management system and internal audit schedule across all business areas.
- Support the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the Cemex environmental management system, procedures and policies.
- Provide site support preparation and attendance at external ISO 14001 audits.
- Provide support for follow-up actions and observations from internal and external audits.
- Support environmental compliance at sites, and lead PPC Part B permit applications when necessary.
- Liaise with regulators regarding permit applications, inspections, and complaints.
- Support development of training packages and briefings issued by the UK Sustainability team and deliver training where required.
- Support environmental incident investigations and recording.
- When necessary, provide support for internal and external data reporting to regulators, trade associations and internal stakeholders.
- Develop strong and supportive relationships with regional operations teams.
- Good knowledge of environmental permitting regulations, and relevance at Cemex sites.
- Environmental auditing experience preferably to ISO 14001.
- Good knowledge of management systems, preferably environmental.
- Experience of environmental permit compliance and dealing with regulators.
- Ability to manage internal relationships at various levels ensuring clear communication of Cemex’s environmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain business needs and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- MS Office applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel to sites within a large region.
- Membership of Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) desirable.
LocationNational/ Binley Office, Coventry
Closing Date30 November 2023